325 West Main Street
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Museum Store: 830-990-8441
Email: Pioneer Museum office
Connect with us on our Facebook page by clicking on the image below.
The Kammlah House began in 1849 as a one-room structure and grew through the years with the addition of three kitchens, a cellar, a stone patio, bedrooms and living areas. When the Gillespie County Historical Society (GCHS) purchased the Kammlah property in 1955, four generations of Kammlahs had lived in the house. A barn and smokehouse are part of the original property owned and run by the Kammlah family. Between 1870 and 1924, the Kammlahs operated a general store in the front rooms of the house.